Trainee general manager /Experienced assistant manager required (Live in available)
Passionate and enthusiastic Trainee GM required
The Royal Hotel in Deal has an exciting opportunity for a Trainee General Manager to join our team.
Part of the Shepherd Neame Group of 54 managed pubs, restaurant and hotels in the South East; the Royal Hotel boasts a spectacular seafront location, it combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern hotel and function venue.
With live in accommodation available, we are looking for an aspiring and proven deputy or assistant manager that with our support, development and training can carve out their career with us in the longer term as a General Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- As part of the management team you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the business, supporting the GM and overseeing the daily operations and team of staff.
- You will ensure that all business areas run smoothly and customer expectations are met.
- Minimum two years proven experience as an assistant manager or deputy in pubs, restaurants or hotels.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to engage, train and motivate teams of staff.
- First class customer service, service delivery and quality standards.
- Ideally you will be conversant in all aspects of cellar management, but full training will be provided.
- This is a full time and permanent role that will see you working shift patterns to include evenings and weekends, so you must be flexible in terms of the hours required of you.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Live in accommodation is available for the right candidate.
- This role could also offer you the chance to participate in the company’s Assistant Management Development Programme, supporting you to become a General Manager in the long term.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.